establishing a name & identity
Distinguishing a new business from the competition.
In 2007, an established restaurateur wanted to open a year round, 40-seat restaurant serving Mediterranean-style tapas and unique wines in a prestigious Cape Cod outdoor shopping center.
- Distinguish themselves from established, local competitors
- Attract and maintain long-term patrons
Carol McLeod Design was asked to name the restaurant and design the brand identity. Based on the small seating capacity, its proximity to a water fountain and the desire to serve Mediterranean-style food paired with a vast and unique wine collection, we named the establishment Trevi Café and Wine Bar and designed a “T” letterform logo. This was the most preferred option as determined by:
- Assembling focus groups to gauge appeal of target patrons
- Creating and presenting multiple naming options
- Creating a tagline that succinctly describes the offering
- Designing and presenting logos that closely reflected the ambiance
- Created a memorable identity
- Applied the identity to signage, menu and print ad to establish brand consistency
- Entering fourth year in business
View work associated with this case study.
Having an identity crisis?
Contact Carol at 508.477.7482, ext. 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org